RULES & REGULATIONS
PURPOSE OF LIBRARY RULES
Library Rules and regulations are essential for efficient and successful Management of library. The main purpose of the library rules and regulations are:-
- To provide guidance to users, aiding them in the use of the library’s resources, facilities and service.
- To protect documents (Books/Journals/Magazines CD-ROM’S, Floppy Disks/Video Cassettes Etc) and other properties of the library and to prevent from damage and misuse.
- To inform users of their privileges and limitations in the use of the library.
- The Library is open from 09:00 A.M. to 06.00 P.M. hours on all college working days. The library is closed on college holidays.
- All the students and staff members before entering in the library, should signature on the gate register first.
- Staff/students are expected to maintain silence in the library. Any form of discussion/conversation will not be allowed.
- Person desirous of using the library shall enter his/her name, branch, time and signature legibly in the gate register kept for the purpose.
- The users should leave their belongings at the property racks near the entrance
- Silence should be strictly maintained in the library.
- No person should write upon, damage or make any mark upon any book, journal/magazine or any property belonging to the library.
- All the students and regular staff of the college can avail themselves of the library facilities.
- All the users of the library are expected to return all documents borrowed by them including and obtain a “No Dues Certificate” before they leave the college.
- Books are normally issued for a period of 15(Fifteen) days.
- Books will be issued to the student concerned (and not to any one else) on production of proper identity cards only.
- The borrower has to replace the book or pay the twice of the cost of book if it is torn or badly damaged or lost. This is an addition to the payment of fine and binding charges.
- The Books, journals/magazines should be returned in due time. Else; fine will be incurred as per library rules for each day the document (Books/Journals/Magazines, CD etc) is kept over time. At present the over due charge is two rupee per day per book/journal etc. There will not be any exemption on fine during examinations.
- Reference (Not to be loaned) books and current journals will not be issued but they can be consulted in the librarian only.
BOOKS ISSUE RULES
All the students can obtain their library borrowing cards on production of ID card issued by the college. The number of borrowing Books issued to the students is as follows.
|Students/Staff||No of Books||Timings|
|B. Tech Students||4 Borrowing Books||Issue Timings
12.00-1.20 and 3.00pm – 4.00pm
9.30-10.00a.m and 3.00-4.00pm
|MBA Students||4 Borrowing Books|
|Teaching Faculty||6 Borrowing Books|
|Non – Teaching Faculty||3 Borrowing Books|